General Transportation Services
“Making Macoupin Mobile”
112 South Macoupin
Gillespie, IL 62033
To Schedule a Ride: Call 1-877-600-0707 or 217-839-4130
TTY Dial: 1-800-526-0844
Illinois Relay Center Dial: 1-800-526-0857
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 7am - 6 pm
Services are provided for Macoupin County residents traveling anywhere within the county.
MCPT is a door-to-door service with the exception of group trips.
In-county rides must be Scheduled at least 24- hours in advance.
All out of county rides must be scheduled at least 3 days prior to appointment and are subject to availability.
Roundtrips in same town $2.00
Roundtrips to next town over $ 3.00
Roundtrips two or more towns away within the county $ 5.00
(Trips to Litchfield Family Practice Center and Saint Francis Hospital will be included as In-County rides and will be $5.00 round trip)
All persons 60+ are suggested donations
Active Military Personnel rides for free-must show Military ID.
Children under the age of 5 years ride free when accompanied by an adult 18 or older.
Payment due when boarding. Exact change is required. Medicaid accepted.
Adults/Children 6 and older $ 25.00
Seniors $ 20.00
Riders with physical or cognitive impairments that impede independent travel may be accompanied by an escort or Personal Assistant. MCPT allows for the free transportation of Personal Assistants, escorts and service animals.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult and the parent/guardian must provide the appropriate car seat according to the Illinois State Law.
- No standing is allowed while vehicle is in motion.
- Seat belts must be fastened at all times.
- No smoking, use of tobacco products, alcohol or illegal drugs is permitted in MCPT vehicles.
- MCPT has a three no-show policy that if you have three “no-shows” you will be suspended from services for the period of one month.
- Cancellations are accepted at anytime up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled pickup or it will be considered a no-show.
- Drivers have a five minute waiting period. Passengers not boarding within the waiting period will be considered no-shows.
- Drivers may provide assistance with package delivery onto MCPT vehicles and to the door of the residents only. At no time is the driver permitted to enter the passengers' residence. MCPT is not responsible for personal items or packages
- Passengers must be able to travel without disturbance to other passengers or the driver.
- We reserve the right to deny transportation should driver determine that the passenger boarding may jeopardize the safety of themselves and the other passengers, staff or equipment.
MCPT is a Federally assisted program to provide public transportation to any individual. MCPT does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability to exclude from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to, discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
MCPT is an equal opportunity employer and a drug and alcohol free workplace.
Funding for Macoupin County Public Transportation is provided by the Illinois Department of Transportation - Federal Transportation Administration and the Area Agency on Aging for Lincolnland.