Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Program
WIC is a health and nutrition program that helps pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants, and children (up to age five) eat well and stay healthy.
To be eligibile for services, a woman must:
- Live in Macoupin County or Surrounding Areas
- Be pregnant, a new mother, or have a child under five years of age
- Meet the income guidelines
For specific income guidelines and additional information about WIC, click here
WIC services available for qualifying participants include:
· Assessment of nutritional needs
· Nutrition counseling and a variety of learning opportunities
· Coupons to receive nutritious food (food packages vary depending on certification category)
· Breastfeeding promotion and support
· Hemoglobin Testing
· Immunization referral
· Access to Blood Lead Testing and Lead Poisoning Education for eligible participants
· Referral to Car Seat Check Ups by certified car seat technicians
· Referral to Healthy Families Illinois Program which is a home visiting program designed for first time moms.
· Linkage to other important programs
· Referrals to other health and social service agencies
Our WIC office is located at 805 N. Broad St., Carlinville, IL 62626
Call our office today at 217-854-7272 for more information or to make an appointment.